Headline acts announced for South Suffolk Show
THE “Flying Gunners” will join Andalusian stallions as the main attractions at this year’s South Suffolk Show.
Now in its 122nd year, the one-day show is expected to attract thousands of visits to the Ampton racecourse site near Bury St Edmunds on May 9.
There will be a range of attractions including cattle, sheep and horse classes, a craft marquee, food hall, trade stands, a countryside ring, vintage farm machinery displays and a funfair.
This year’s headline acts will include the “Flying Gunners”, the Royal Artillery Motor Cycle Display Team and the horsemanship demonstration team the “Stallions of Substance”, who ride Andalusian horses.
There will also be up to 90 classic cars on display run by the West Suffolk Motor Club and the Eastern Counties Motor Club.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of the South Suffolk Agricultural Association Ltd Jim Mann said: “After a very successful show last year, with record breaking crowds, we very much hope people will be back to enjoy what promises to be another superb show.
“Come rain or shine we are looking forward to entertaining all of our visitors in the beautiful British countryside setting that we are so privileged to have the use of at the Ampton Racecourse.”
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 5 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 6 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 9 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 10 Sweltering Suffolk could see hottest day this year ahead of thunderstorms
Tickets for the South Suffolk Show will cost �8.00 per adult and �5 for children under 15 and concessions. Children under the age of three have free entry.