Suffolk gin-making couple take products nationwide
- Credit: Archant
An independent Suffolk gin distillery set up by a couple has launched itself on the national stage with a tie-in with an Ipswich distributor.
Heart of Suffolk Distillery, based at Stowmarket, which was launched by husband and wife team Karen and Martyn Luke in 2017, is working with Springvale Foods to upscale the brand.
Springvale works with speciality food and drink brands to target independent retailers such as farm shops, garden centres, delis and convenience stores. The new partnership will allow the small-batch gin brand to reach new markets beyond East Anglia.
"Our aim for year two was to increase our distribution on a national scale and working with Springvale Foods will allow us to do just that," said Mrs Luke.
"We've been working really hard and attending various trade shows across the country to promote our brand and our products and it really seems to be working. We are getting a lot of interest from both the on and off trade."
You may also want to watch:
As part of the partnership with Springvale, the three products in the Lukes' range - Betty's, Rosie's and Ivy's gin - will feature in its brochures.
"We are delighted to be working with Springvale Foods. They are a fantastic local firm and this will provide a brilliant opportunity for us to get our brand directly in front of key buyers in the speciality food and drinks trade. We have already received our first big order through them and we hope there will be many more," said Mrs Luke.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 3 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 4 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 7 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 8 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 9 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?