A Lord of the Rings inspired holiday let is up for sale
- Credit: Archant
A Hobbit hole shaped holiday let is up for sale as part of multi-award winning business.
While it may look like something from the Shire, the quirky accommodation – called Pod Hollow – is part of the West Stow Pods glamping site, near Bury St Edmunds.
Pod Hollow can sleep four people and has a sitting room with a fully-fitted kitchen and shower room – but does not include Bilbo or Frodo.
The underground building was completed in June 2018.
It commands prices of £175 per night for two adults and has an occupancy rate of 95% duing a normal year.
You may also want to watch:
The site is located close to the Anglo-Saxon village and just a few miles from Bury St Edmunds. In 2016, a national newspaper rated West Stow Pods as one of the top ten glamping sites in the UK and it has repeatedly been awarded certificates of excellence by TripAdvisor.
Also hidden in the woodland on the 4.5 acre site are two lodges, four pods and a five bedroom 19th century house for the owner.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 6 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 10 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
One lodge sleeps two, while the other sleeps four.
Each of the pods sleeps four people with a kitchen and shower room.
In the 12 months to February 2020, the business turned over £150,000.
The price of the property is available upon application.