Family preparing to open Hog and Hen farm shop near Stonham Aspal next month
- Credit: Archant
A family is working hard in preparation for the opening a farm shop in mid-Suffolk next month.
The Hog and Hen farm shop, at Mill Green Farm near Stonham Aspal on the Debenham Road, is a joint venture between husband and wife, Nathan and Naomi Wiffen, her parents, Mark and Rachael Howson, and cousin Anna Salisbury and her husband Luke.
The farm has sold some produce from a small hut at the roadside location for a few years, so the decision was made to expand operations and open a shop.
According to Nathan, the store will initially sell free range eggs, chickens, fresh vegetables and other local Suffolk produce, and gradually increase its stock over time. There are plans to create a cafe on site in the future.
“We are in a good location and there is a lot of passing traffic,” said Nathan, who left his job in banking to join the family farming business four years ago.
You may also want to watch:
“There is a greater interest in local produce - people want to know where their food has come from and want to reduce food miles - so we feel this is a good time to open the shop.”
The opening is planned for Friday March 23rd.
- 1 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 2 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 8 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 9 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 10 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight