Family preparing to open Hog and Hen farm shop near Stonham Aspal next month
- Credit: Archant
A family is working hard in preparation for the opening a farm shop in mid-Suffolk next month.
The Hog and Hen farm shop, at Mill Green Farm near Stonham Aspal on the Debenham Road, is a joint venture between husband and wife, Nathan and Naomi Wiffen, her parents, Mark and Rachael Howson, and cousin Anna Salisbury and her husband Luke.
The farm has sold some produce from a small hut at the roadside location for a few years, so the decision was made to expand operations and open a shop.
According to Nathan, the store will initially sell free range eggs, chickens, fresh vegetables and other local Suffolk produce, and gradually increase its stock over time. There are plans to create a cafe on site in the future.
“We are in a good location and there is a lot of passing traffic,” said Nathan, who left his job in banking to join the family farming business four years ago.
You may also want to watch:
“There is a greater interest in local produce - people want to know where their food has come from and want to reduce food miles - so we feel this is a good time to open the shop.”
The opening is planned for Friday March 23rd.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 9 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 10 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club