Holiday firm Hoseasons leads the way at the Lowestoft and Waveney Business Awards
- Credit: Archant
Individual and business-wide achievements have been recognised at an awards ceremony celebrating the best firms in Lowestoft and Waveney.
More than 200 guests from businesses in the area enjoyed the Suffolk Chamber of Commerce in Lowestoft and Waveney Business Awards, at Ivy House Country Hotel in Oulton Broad earlier this week.
The event culminated with Lowestoft-based Hoseasons winning both the Community Pride Award and Business of the Year 2017.
Simon Altham, managing director of Wyndham Vacation Rentals UK, the parent company of Hoseasons, said: “It’s always a great achievement for the team to win awards, but recognition locally means so much to everyone in the Hoseasons business.” John Bidwell of High Lodge Leisure near Darsham, was given the Lifetime Achievement award, for his successful leisure business and sporting achievements.
Jules Shorrock, chairman of the Suffolk Chamber of Commerce in Lowestoft and Waveney said: “Our awards allow us to come together to celebrate and recognise the entrepreneurship and excellence within our county and in particular here in Lowestoft and Waveney.”
You may also want to watch:
The award winners were as follows:
?Apprentice/Trainee of the Year Award: Amy Berwick, Home Group
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 7 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 8 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 9 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
?Business of the Year Award: Hoseasons
?Business Person of the Year Award: Neil Barrett, Oven Blitzer
?Commitment to Skills and People Development Award: Pleasurewood Hills Family Theme Park
?Community Pride Award: Hoseasons
?Enterprise in Education Award: Ormiston Denes Academy
?Excellence in Customer Service Award (one to 10 employees): Coes Menswear, Lowestoft
?Excellence in Customer Service Award (11+ employees): ASAP Supplies
?Family Business of the Year Award: Total Balance Wellbeing Centre
?Growing Business Award: Marine Teak
?Local Tourism, Hospitality and Leisure Award: Suffolk Wildlife Trust
?Most Promising New Business Award: Rem67Medex
?Recognition of Lifetime Achievement Award: John Bidwell, High Lodge Leisure
?Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award: Rosie Kefford, Rosie’s Hair, Beauty and Make-Up Studio