Holiday park group to invest £35million
MEDIUM-sized holiday parks operator Park Resorts is to spend £3.6million on upgrading five of its centres in Essex. The investment is part of a £35 million spending programme which began last year following the group's merger with GB Holiday Parks.
MEDIUM-sized holiday parks operator Park Resorts is to spend £3.6million on upgrading five of its centres in Essex.
The investment is part of a £35 million spending programme which began last year following the group's merger with GB Holiday Parks.
As a result of the merger, Park Resorts has strengthened its presence in Essex with the addition of new locations at Waterside, St Lawrence Bay, near Maldon; Coopers Beach, Mersea Island; Weeley Bridge and Martello Beach, both near Clacton-on-Sea; and Naze Marine at Walton-on-the-Naze.
Work is almost complete on a state-of-the-art new conservatory-style swimming pool at the Highfield Holiday Park, at Clacton, which Park Resorts already owned, with the new indoor and heated outdoor pool complex featuring a 200ft water chute.
You may also want to watch:
Work will also be completed in time for this year's summer season on new club rooms at Naze Marine, Martello Beach and Coopers Beach and next winter's programme of work will - subject to planning permission - include new swimming pool developments at all three parks, for the 2007 season.
“These refurbishments will enable us to bring our Essex Holiday Parks in line with other Park Resorts locations,” said Sue Arnold, Park Resorts' director of marketing and sales.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 6 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 9 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 10 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
“We are confident that more and more people will be spending their holiday in the UK when they see the wonderful new facilities available.”
Holiday accommodation at the parks, which open for Easter, consist of caravan holiday homes. Touring caravans and motor homes are welcomed at several parks.
Park Resorts is the UK's leading operator of medium size holiday parks and specialises in self-catering holidays for families and couples in quality caravan, chalet and lodge accommodation in 35 coastal locations in England, Scotland and Wales.