Holland-on-Sea: Frinton Road Butchers impress with low-fat sausages
- Credit: Archant
A pair of butchers are celebrating after their low fat banger impressed in the hunt for the country’s best sausage.
Darren Moss and Keith Newman, of Frinton Road Butchers in Holland-on-Sea, travelled to Cambridge to take part in the Eastern regional final of a competition to discover Britain’s greatest sausage.
They were finalists in the innovative sausage category with their pork and leek slimmers, a low fat yet high flavour product.
Mr Moss said: “Although we did not win the overall title, we are pleased and proud to have been one of the only six businesses to represent the East of England.”
This year’s judge was popular TV chef Simon Rimmer who also presented the awards.
You may also want to watch:
The competition took place in British Sausage Week, which runs until Sunday.
For more information on sausage week visit www.lovepork.co.uk
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 8 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 9 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 10 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1