Homeware store opens in Bury St Edmunds
A NEW homeware store has opened in Bury St Edmunds, creating 60 new full and part-time jobs.
Dunelm Mill, which now has more than 118 stores across the UK, has set up shop at St Edmundsbury Retail Park, Easlea Road, Moreton Hall.
The Worshipful The Mayor of St Edmundsbury, Councillor Christopher Spicer officially opened the 32,100sq ft store, which boasts a range of more than 20,000 home furnishing products.
The retail space is spread over two floors includes bed linen, lighting products, wall art and mirrors, cushions, readymade curtains, rugs and fabrics,
It also includes a dedicated Dorma bedding department, a Cook Shop, dining and utility area and a specialist craft section.
It will be open seven days a week, with full air conditioning and a coffee shop.
Bill and Jean Adderley founded Dunelm Mill in 1979 as a market stall business in Leicester selling ready-made curtains. The first store was opened in 1984 and since then the business has developed into a successful nationwide chain of more than 100 stores with many more planned.
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 3 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 4 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 5 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 6 Teenager arrested after six people injured on university campus
- 7 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 8 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 9 A12 and A14 set for upgrades after £200m investment in Suffolk roads
- 10 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
Chief executive Nick Wharton said: “We are always excited about the opening of a new store. It takes a lot of hard work, investment and commitment getting a new store up and running but the opening of those doors for the first time is a pinnacle moment for all involved. We are confident Bury St Edmunds will play a big part in the continued success of the company and look forward to introducing local shoppers to our ‘Simply Value for Money’ homewares offering.”