Hopkins Homes wins award for refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk-based housebuilder Hopkins Homes has received a prestigious national award for their restoration of a Victorian listed building.
Hopkins Homes’ Bure Place development was shortlisted in the Best Refurbishment Project category in this year’s Housebuilder Awards 2015 and fought off stiff competition from national housebuilders to win the overall prize.
Bure Place is a beautiful restoration of an architecturally stunning Victorian listed building set amongst the private grounds of St Michael’s Place, a short walk away from the East Anglian market town of Aylsham, Norfolk.
The development features a range of two-bedroom apartments; two, three and four-bedroom houses; and two-bedroom bungalows.
James Hopkins, executive chairman of Hopkins Homes said: “It is simply fantastic to see our hard work and commitment to high quality design being rewarded on a national scale once again. Our developments are purposefully and sympathetically designed to preserve and enhance the local community.
“Bure Place is a perfect example of this commitment. We have restored many original 19th century features like castellated parapets, ogee plain-tiled domes, stone mullion, and transom windows and have blended these with modern kitchens, sumptuous bathrooms and spacious living accommodation.
“We are fortunate to have very talented and skilled members of staff and suppliers who help us to consistently deliver much-needed high quality homes for communities in the East of England. I would like to thank them all for making winning this award possible.”
- 1 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 2 Three Suffolk beaches named among 'most beautiful' in UK by Sunday Times
- 3 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 4 Former Blue McGoldrick linked with League One move
- 5 'We put some good things together' - McKenna pleased after Town's Arsenal friendly
- 6 Suffolk's first blue badge prosecution for Haverhill woman
- 7 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 8 Seven Suffolk villages that have received national recognition
- 9 Man taken to hospital after car crashed into two stationary vehicles
- 10 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
Hopkins Homes is the largest independent house builder in East Anglia, providing much-needed new homes, and is one of the largest providers of affordable housing in the region.
Hopkins Homes also creates and supports many hundreds of jobs locally and regionally, both directly and indirectly through the design and construction of the homes as well as materials supply chains and the use of local companies to provide services, ranging from carpenters and scaffolders to interior designers.
For more information about Hopkins Homes visit www.hopkinshomes.co.uk