Hotel sector MD at Servest backs women’s networking event
- Credit: Archant
Women working in property and facilities management heard from top female speakers, and raised £400 for a cancer charity, at a networking event organised by recruiter Investigo Property and facilities management provider Servest.
Around 80 women attended the event which was held at the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors in London and organised by Stuart Bonner, director of Investigo Property, and Norma Bresciani, managing director of hotel services at Bury St Edmunds-based Servest, a member of the EADT/EDP Top 100 listing of the 100 largest companies in Suffolk and Norfolk.
The speakers including Jane Hamilton, a member of the board of trustees at the Institute of Cancer Research and owner of Hamilton Corporate Real Estate Advisory.
She discussed her former role as European head of corporate real estate at HSBC from the perspective of being a senior executive in a man’s world, and offered tips to women on fulfilling their potential and being successful.
Professional image consultant Jodi Goldman also gave a talk on body language and Emma Parker, managing director and founder of London tour provider Coutours, gave some historical insights into London.
A raffle and a champagne reception raised £400 for Isabel Hospice, founded in 1982 to provide palliative care for people with cancer in eastern Hertfordshire.
It was the second Women in Property and FM networking event, following on from a successful inaugural event in June at the BBC’s headquarters.
- 1 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 4 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 5 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 6 14 players that Town could target for a creative spark
- 7 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 8 'He's an amazing guy... a legend' - United keeper de Gea's praise for new Town coach Grant
- 9 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
- 10 Two vehicle crash on the A140 blocks traffic on major Suffolk route
Norma Bresciani said: “I’m delighted to have the opportunity to continue to organise the Women in Property and FM events alongside Stuart, and for the second event to be even more eagerly attended. It’s so inspiring to have so many young, ambitious ladies in business in attendance and to be able to support great charitable causes.”
Stuart Bonner added: “We had another fantastic evening at the second Women in Property and FM networking event. Our guest speakers were incredibly inspiring, we raised money for charity and the champagne flowed, creating a warm, friendly and inviting atmosphere for the first-time networkers.
“It was a perfect evening and thank you RICS for the great venue. We are already looking forward to next year’s event, which is scheduled for May 2015.”