Hotel staff dance along for charity
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich: Premier Inn hotel staff - and guests - took part in a two hour bokwa and zumba marathon, held in the car park of Premier Inn North.
The special event, organised by Leah Lawrence and staff at Premier Inn North, in Paper Mill Lane, Claydon was to raise funds for GOSH, the Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital, London.
Leah Lawrence, a receptionist and charity fundraiser at the site, said: “We are great supporters of Great Ormond Street and raised over £800 in our previous event which was a 16 mile sponsored walk.
“The dance event went very well, as part of our charity week.
“Our staff took part and other staff came along from the other Ipswich Premier Inns, there are five in all, and our regional supervisor took park.”
The event, lead by hotel employee and qualified Zumba instructor Kayleigh Jones, lasted from 6 to 8 pm and people joined in and took part for as long as they could, she said.
Operations manger Anita Mann took part, along with cluster general manager Darren Purnell.
- 1 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 2 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 3 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 4 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 5 Ranking every League One away kit from worst to first
- 6 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 7 'It riles me to the core' - Anger as sofas dumped near Suffolk beauty spot
- 8 Striker Jackson signs new Town deal
- 9 Teenager arrested after six people injured on university campus
- 10 'The children were buzzing' - Ed Sheeran sends video to Suffolk school
The dance marathon raised another £260 and so the total raised at Premier Inn North was more than £1,000 in six months, she added.