Hoteliers drop brand and opt to go it alone
A HOTEL-owning family has decided to go it alone after 20 years of trading under the Best Western international marketing brand.
Ufford Park owners Colin and Shirley Aldous cite the growing power of Twitter and review sites such as Trip Advisor as one of the drivers for their decision.
The Woodbridge hotel, spa and golf complex, which this year celebrated its 20th anniversary, has belonged to the Aldous family since 1991, and in that time it has doubled in size.
Set within 120 acres of historic parkland it is a popular destination for corporate and leisure guests as well as supporting the local communities of Ufford, Melton and Woodbridge.
Chairman Colin Aldous said: “We have always been an independently owned and managed family business but during the last few years we have noticed that our customers are less and less reliant on branding alone but instead are seeking advice from other independent travellers via social media like Twitter and reviews sites like Trip Advisor.
You may also want to watch:
“These sites now play such a huge part in their final decision making process that we felt now is the time to develop the clarity of our family ownership and passion for Ufford Park Woodbridge and go it alone.
“Personally I am really excited about the future without having the previous restrictions, Ufford Park Woodbridge now has the freedom to re-brand and modernise their image. We are entering a new chapter and have great plans ahead, which will continue to improve our facilities and the quality of our customer services.”
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 9 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 10 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
The hotel has re-launched its own brand, with the help of local firm Production House.