Housebuilder Persimmon to create new regional operation in Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
National housebuilder Persimmon Homes is to open a new regional office near Ipswich, creating up to 30 new jobs.
Persimmon has been active in the Suffolk market for several years, with its developments in the county previously managed as part of its Persimmon Homes Anglia region, which relocated earlier this year from Oulton Broad, near Lowestoft, to Norwich.
The new Persimmon Homes Suffolk region, the group’s 30th, will be based at Great Blakenham, with the team led by director Simon Wood.
He said: “We are delighted to be launching Persimmon Homes Suffolk, which represents a significant economic boost to the county. “The establishment of this business will bring new homes to towns where they are needed, along with up to 30 new office-based jobs and hundreds more across its developments.
“Furthermore, there will be genuine benefits for the communities in which we work. This includes significant contributions towards education, new roads and healthcare to name but a few.”
You may also want to watch:
In addition, from January, charities and community groups in Suffolk will be able to benefit from the Persimmon’s Community Champions scheme, with two charities in the county being selected each month to receive up to £1,000 each.
Mr Wood added: “We are very proud of our Community Champions scheme, which has already helped hundreds of good causes across the UK. I know there are many, many good causes in Suffolk and I look forward to looking through all of the applications each month.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 6 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 7 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 8 5 cheap or free things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 10 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
Currently Persimmon has homes for sale at Beck Row, Framlingham, Great Cornard and Exning, with a number of new sites planned for launch in 2018.