Revealed: The secret code you need to get a free pint of beer
- Credit: Greene King
You can claim a free pint of beer when you visit a Greene King pub in Suffolk on June 11 - the day the Euros get underway - with this secret phrase.
The Bury St Edmunds-based brewer is offering a free pint of their pale ale brew, Ice Breaker, in pubs across Suffolk and Essex on day one of the UEFA European Football Championship.
To get your free pint, tell bar staff at certain pubs - including the Royal George in Ipswich and Spread Eagle in Bury St Edmunds - the phrase: "Your home of pub sport".
Chris Conchie, head of sport at Greene King, said: “We’ve all been forced to watch sport from home but we know our pubs are your home away from home when it comes to sport!"
Visit the Greene King Euros hub to book for table service during the Euros tournament.
The Suffolk and north Essex pubs offering a free pint are:
Cock & Pye, Ipswich
- 1 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
- 2 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 3 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 4 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 5 McKenna on offers for Harper and El Mizouni and Fraser's Town future
- 6 Lorry carrying mobile unit pulled over on A14 for being too wide
- 7 Police apology after cars accidentally damaged by stinger device on A14
- 8 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 9 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 10 McKenna will make late calls in two positions ahead of Wednesday trip
Man on the Moon, Ipswich
Royal George, Ipswich
Golf Hotel, Rushmere
Punch & Judy, Ipswich
Owl & Pussycat, Felixstowe
Greengage, Bury St Edmunds
Bird in Hand, Beck Row
Half Moon, Mildenhall
Bushel, Bury St Edmunds
Dog & Partridge, Bury St Edmunds
Spread Eagle, Bury St Edmunds
Tollgate, Bury St Edmunds
Cock & Bell, Long Melford
Grapes, Bury St Edmunds
Rovers Tye, Colchester
Roaring Donkey, Holland-On-Sea
Kings Arms, Colchester