Hughes Electrical trade arm TED rolls out corporate rental service
- Credit: Archant
Trade Electricals Direct (TED) has launched a new service aimed at helping businesses to improve their cash flow.
TED, the trade arm of the Hughes Electrical Group, a member of the EADT/EDP Top 100 listing of the 100 largest companies in Suffolk and Norfolk, is now offering a rental service enabling businesses to acquire the latest quality electrical products without having to fund the entire cost before taking delivery.
The idea for this new venture was inspired by the success the company had in supplying electrical products ahead of the London Olympics in 2012 and Commonwealth Games in Glasgow earlier this year.
“Between the Olympics and Commonwealth Games we delivered well over 5,000 items on a short term rental which suited the organisers and ourselves as we could resell or rent the returning items to our existing customer base,” said TED general manager Paul Chisnall.
“So it made sense to offer such deals to all companies and we have been delighted with the response. Virtually every product we sell can be rented; we have already installed TVs in holiday parks, commercial washing machines in care homes, dish and glass washers in pubs and microwaves in halls of residence.
“We have also just supplied very large multiple speaker Wi-Fi sound systems that were used at either end of an inaugural flight by a major airline.”
Customers choose the products they want and also over what period they wish to rent them during which time they are fully covered against breakdown.
- 1 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 2 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 3 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 4 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 5 Boy, 10, asked to get in car by two men near Sudbury
- 6 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 7 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 8 Boss McKenna on Town's 'challenging and important' pre-season schedule
- 9 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 10 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
“We take the worry out of anything going wrong away from the customer as we underwrite any repair costs provided they are used reasonably,” added Mr Chisnall. “Business Rental is also 100% tax deductible which is another big advantage for commercial organisations.”