Hughes Electrical trade arm TED rolls out corporate rental service
- Credit: Archant
Trade Electricals Direct (TED) has launched a new service aimed at helping businesses to improve their cash flow.
TED, the trade arm of the Hughes Electrical Group, a member of the EADT/EDP Top 100 listing of the 100 largest companies in Suffolk and Norfolk, is now offering a rental service enabling businesses to acquire the latest quality electrical products without having to fund the entire cost before taking delivery.
The idea for this new venture was inspired by the success the company had in supplying electrical products ahead of the London Olympics in 2012 and Commonwealth Games in Glasgow earlier this year.
“Between the Olympics and Commonwealth Games we delivered well over 5,000 items on a short term rental which suited the organisers and ourselves as we could resell or rent the returning items to our existing customer base,” said TED general manager Paul Chisnall.
“So it made sense to offer such deals to all companies and we have been delighted with the response. Virtually every product we sell can be rented; we have already installed TVs in holiday parks, commercial washing machines in care homes, dish and glass washers in pubs and microwaves in halls of residence.
You may also want to watch:
“We have also just supplied very large multiple speaker Wi-Fi sound systems that were used at either end of an inaugural flight by a major airline.”
Customers choose the products they want and also over what period they wish to rent them during which time they are fully covered against breakdown.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 4 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 5 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 9 Restaurant launches giant cheesecake and cookie company
- 10 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
“We take the worry out of anything going wrong away from the customer as we underwrite any repair costs provided they are used reasonably,” added Mr Chisnall. “Business Rental is also 100% tax deductible which is another big advantage for commercial organisations.”