Adastral Park launch for #Ideasmeanbusiness programme to help enterprising young people
The Prince’s Trust, the Prince of Wales’ charity which works with young people, is teaming up with the Government’s Innovate UK initiative to encourage more 18- to 30-year-olds to go into business.
A joint campaign, #Ideasmeanbusiness, offers support for young people who are not in employment, education or training but who have an idea for innovation in their community which could be commercially successful.
The programme will be launched through a series of 12 regional Innovation Live events taking place across the country between now and the end of March, including one at BT’s Adastral Park research and development campus at Martlesham Heath, near Ipswich, on February 5.
Eligible young people – who also include those who are under-employed – can apply for a package including an allowance to cover living costs, one-to-one coaching and mentoring and access to a pot of funding to meet specific requirements, such as travel, equipment and hiring office space.
A spokesperson for the programme said: “We will offer them the tools, support and expert advice to help them realise the potential of their ideas. Following this, we will offer ongoing support to all attendees and each will have the chance to apply for financial support from Innovate UK to develop their plans.”
You may also want to watch:
Those who do not receive an award package will still have access to the Innovation Module and support offered by Enterprise Online. For further information, visit http://ow.ly/cQ0T30hzFL1.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo