Inform Direct reports record number of company formations in Suffolk during 2015
- Credit: Archant
A record total of more than 4,000 companies were registered in Suffolk last year, according to newly compiled figues.
Suffolk’s figure of 4,031 represents an increase of 8.9% compared with 2014, and Essex also saw strong growth with the county’s total growing by 7.0% to 16,147.
The figures have been produced by Inform Direct, the Ipswich-based provider of online company record and secretarial software, using data available from Companies House and the Office of National Statistics.
Across the UK, a total of 612,565 companies were registered in the 12 months to December 31, an increase of 4.4% compared with 2014.
Henry Catchpole, managing director of Inform Direct said: “Our dynamic economy and business-friendly environment are the reasons there is a ‘Great’ in Great Britain.
You may also want to watch:
“All around the world, governments are spending time and money to figure out the best way to foster an entrepreneurial culture that helps boost the economy.
“But here in the UK, our politicians can nurture this business mentality that has established itself organically.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 5 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 6 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 7 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 8 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 9 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 10 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
He added: “Of course London has always stormed ahead in business but our figures from 2015 demonstrate that the rest of the UK is also displaying a growing confidence in entrepreneurialism.
“Suffolk has had a very successful year and the figures indicate a surge in entrepreneurialism in 2015 for this region.”
Of the new companies created last year in Suffolk, 955 were in Ipswich, 698 in Suffolk Coastal, 593 St Edmundsbury, 539 in Mid Suffolk, 471 in Babergh, 468 in Waveney and 307 in Forest Heath.
In north and mid Essex the figures were Chelmsford 1,553, Colchester 1,485, Braintree 980, Uttlesford 786, Tendring 560 and Maldon 397.
Elsewhere in the county the figures were: Southend-on-Sea 2,184, Basildon 1,965, Thurrock 1,706, Epping Forest 1,579, Brentwood 917, Castle Point 788, Harlow 709 and Rochford 538.
Full details of the Inform Direct Review of UK Company Formations can fe found at www.informdirect.co.uk/company-formations-2015/ .