Capturing images of babies in their early days and weeks
- Credit: Archant
Award-winning baby portrait from a Suffolk business - Baby Art Uk, based at Kersey Mill.
Suffolk-based specialist photographic studio - Baby Art UK - has won an international award for one its baby portraits.
Baby Art UK won the award for a photograph of new born baby Noah - from Ipswich - along with the family pet Lulu, a French bulldog
Baby Art UK has been based in a studio at Kersey Mill, near Hadleigh for just over a year.
The studio was established 10 years ago by Brendan Taylor and his partner Kaylie Bryant, from Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Taylor said: “We have won awards before but this is a new international award, the AFSN Award 2018 for the best photographers in the field of newborn photography and maternity photography.
“This award is huge and is judged by the elite newborn photographers/trainers from around the world.”
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 4 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 9 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Judge tells jury majority verdict allowed
“We have had gold and silver awards from the Guild of Professional Photographers before.”
Mr Taylor and Ms Bryant have been together since their school days, and have three children of their own.
Their business specialises in newborn, baby and family photographs.
He said:“Noah, who is in the winning photograph, was nine days-old. Little ones are constantly changing.”
Ms Bryant had taken the photographs, he said, and he had edited the images of the baby and pet dog, which had been taken separately, to produce the winning image.
Chloe Skipping, Noah’s mum, said it was a lovely photograph, “I am thrilled it has won.”
The couple are now assisted by trainee Sheeren Thompson at Kersey Mill studio.
She said: “I have two children of my own, and I get to cuddle babies here. It is lovely.
“When parents see the images they often cry; and I have to wipe a tear away myself.”
Specialising in baby pictures had been a good choice, added Brendan. “They are not babies for long, and parents want to capture those memories.
“The business has been growing too. We now have franchises in Biggleswade, in Folkestone, Kent and new one in Havant, Hampshire.”