Ipswich: 50 jobs created as claims firm expands
IPSWICH: A car insurance firm is set to create 50 new jobs as it expands its claims division following record growth.
LV= which currently employs around 130 staff, mainly dealing with car insurance claims at its Ipswich office, says more jobs in Ipswich are likely to become available over the course of this year.
The company officially opened a new floor at its Crown Street offices today (Wednesday, June 8).
The majority of the new roles will be in handling car insurance claims involving personal injuries.
Staff at Ipswich deal with customers, brokers and other interested parties in claims, such as lawyers, car hire companies and doctors.
You may also want to watch:
LV=, a registered trademark of Liverpool Victoria Friendly Society, has grown significantly in the last few years and employs 4,500 staff across 20 offices. It is now the UK’s fourth biggest car insurer.
Operations director Peter Horton said: “LV= is going through a period of significant growth so it’s a very exciting time to join us.
- 1 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 5 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 8 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 9 Teacher denies sexually assaulting two girls
- 10 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
“With many other financial companies in the Ipswich area making cut-backs, we are actually expanding so this not only means that there is the opportunity to join us but also lots of great career prospects.”
The firm, a mutual financial company, offers a wide range of financial products including life insurance, pensions and retirement solutions, plus pet, home, car, travel and commercial general insurance products.