Ipswich: Accountancy firm Scrutton Bland supports Lighthouse Women’s Aid charity
- Credit: Archant
Accountancy group Scrutton Bland Group has donated the money that would have been spent on client Christmas cards to the Lighthouse Women’s Aid in Ipswich.
Sally Winston for the charity said: “Lighthouse are extremely grateful to Scrutton Bland for their very generous donation to the charity.
“At a time of financial uncertainty this will certainly help to contribute to the ongoing work of the organisation. Lighthouse runs a Women’s Centre in Ipswich where in excess of 60 women a month make contact for support and advice.
“Our two refuges provide emergency accommodation to over 100 women and 150 children a year.
“Women and children fleeing a domestic violence situation often arrive at refuge with nothing but the clothes they are wearing having left their personal possessions, and toys behind.
You may also want to watch:
“Donations such as this help towards making their stay a little more comfortable as we are able to replace some of the things they have been forced to leave behind. On behalf of these women and children we would like to thank you very much indeed.”
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 4 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 9 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 10 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown