Ipswich: Amusements boss Charlie Manning unveils plans for ten-pin bowling centre
- Credit: Archant
An amusements boss aiming to create a boutique ten-pin bowling centre and arcade gaming centre in Ipswich has released images of what he hopes the new facility will look like.
Charlie Manning, owner of Manning’s Amusements in Felixstowe, is basing his new venture, Bears Boutique Bowling Bar and Grill, on small-scale bowling centres which have become popular in the USA.
A template for the centre’s frontage has been unveiled by Mr Manning, along with an existing boutique bowling centre, which he added will be used as the inspiration for the new facility.
Mr Manning said: “The concept has been bringing ten-pin bowling back into vogue with its modern update to become a trendy and nightlife-style venue with high quality food, drinks and service.”
Mr Manning has joined with Colchester-based company MJH Leisure for the project.
You may also want to watch:
The plans have now been sent into the borough council and, if approval is given, it is expected to be open by November.
The venue, a former factory in Star Lane, will be split over two floors, with the ground floor boasting three lanes of bowling, a main bar, dining tables and booths, an entertainment booth and adult gaming centre.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 9 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 10 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
The first floor, the VIP lounge, will have two lanes of bowling and a bar.