System made by Ipswich-based Firetrace features in Guy Martin’s WW1 Tank documentary on Channel 4
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk fire safety company has played a vital role in a project to create a replica First World War tank for a television programme.
Firetrace, which designs and builds fire suppression systems which detect and quell fires in their early stages, was contacted by the producers of documentary Guy Martin’s WW1 Tank, which was screened on Channel 4 on Sunday.
Production company North One Television was put in contact with Firetrace by the Norfolk Tank Museum near Norwich which was working on the project to create a replica of a tank from the Battle of Cambrai, which began in exactly 100 years ago, in November 1917.
The tank was to accommodate up to eight people but with limited access and egress, making the inclusion in the replica of 21st Century fire suppression technology a requirement for safety reasons.
Dave Melton, founder of Firetrace which is based in Knightsdale Road, Ipswich, said: “We were honoured to be asked to be part of this special event and enjoyed working with the team from Norfolk Tank Museum.”
You may also want to watch:
The museum supplied the drive train and engine for the tank, with other supporters including machinery manufacturer JCB which provided a range of components and Chastead World Class who made the track plates.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 3 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 4 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 5 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 8 Elections 2021: Tim Passmore re-elected Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 10 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience