Ipswich-based Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines sponsors inaugural Suffolk FA Waling Football Cup
- Credit: Archant
Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines has become a sponsor of Suffolk FA’s Walking Football initiative.
The fast-growing sport, aimed chiefly at the over-50s, is now played at 12 venues across Suffolk, from Felixstowe in the east, to Lowestoft in the north and Newmarket in the west.
Suffolk FA is planning to stage its inaugural county cup competition, the Suffolk FA Walking Football Cup, sponsored by Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, on Saturday, May 14 at Goals, in Ipswich.
Walking Football is ideal for those looking for a lower impact activity or who would like to try a slower style of game. It is designed to help people to maintain an active lifestyle, irrespective of their age, as well as assisting those who have had to stop playing through injury.
Keith Norman, business development manager for Ipswich-based Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, said: “Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines is proud to be supporting Suffolk FA’s Walking Football initiative, and we are looking forward to growing a positive and mutually-beneficial partnership.
“There is a natural link between our customer base and the Walking Football community, plus – as a fellow Suffolk organisation – we value the importance of being involved with such an important local resource for the county.”
Gary Pinyoun, Suffolk FA Walking Football co-ordinator, said: “I am delighted that Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines have agreed to sponsor Walking Football in the county.
- 1 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 2 Suffolk glamp site 'perfect for romantic retreats' named among best in UK
- 3 Former town council manager named as woman who died in A11 crash
- 4 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 5 'I just don't operate that way' - Town owner Steed tells it straight on first visit
- 6 'It's going great' - New pizzeria proving a hit in east Suffolk town
- 7 A14 closed after crash involving lorry and car
- 8 Long-running BBC One show to be filmed in Suffolk church
- 9 'He can trust me to do that' - Leigh on his new challenge at Town
- 10 Person arrested as cannabis factory discovered at Bury St Edmunds home
“Walking Football is going from strength-to-strength, with new centres opening and participation constantly increasing.
“The Walking Football community wanted to have an identity they could link in to, and, as co-ordinators, we are now able to give them their own brand, which includes a Walking Football logo and the slogan, ‘Talk the Talk, Walk the Game’.”
To enter a team into the Suffolk FA Walking Football Cup tournament, call Gary Pinyoun on 01449 776384 or 07432 581341 or email email@example.com .