Ipswich-based Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines sponsors inaugural Suffolk FA Waling Football Cup
- Credit: Archant
Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines has become a sponsor of Suffolk FA’s Walking Football initiative.
The fast-growing sport, aimed chiefly at the over-50s, is now played at 12 venues across Suffolk, from Felixstowe in the east, to Lowestoft in the north and Newmarket in the west.
Suffolk FA is planning to stage its inaugural county cup competition, the Suffolk FA Walking Football Cup, sponsored by Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, on Saturday, May 14 at Goals, in Ipswich.
Walking Football is ideal for those looking for a lower impact activity or who would like to try a slower style of game. It is designed to help people to maintain an active lifestyle, irrespective of their age, as well as assisting those who have had to stop playing through injury.
Keith Norman, business development manager for Ipswich-based Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, said: “Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines is proud to be supporting Suffolk FA’s Walking Football initiative, and we are looking forward to growing a positive and mutually-beneficial partnership.
You may also want to watch:
“There is a natural link between our customer base and the Walking Football community, plus – as a fellow Suffolk organisation – we value the importance of being involved with such an important local resource for the county.”
Gary Pinyoun, Suffolk FA Walking Football co-ordinator, said: “I am delighted that Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines have agreed to sponsor Walking Football in the county.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 9 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 10 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
“Walking Football is going from strength-to-strength, with new centres opening and participation constantly increasing.
“The Walking Football community wanted to have an identity they could link in to, and, as co-ordinators, we are now able to give them their own brand, which includes a Walking Football logo and the slogan, ‘Talk the Talk, Walk the Game’.”
To enter a team into the Suffolk FA Walking Football Cup tournament, call Gary Pinyoun on 01449 776384 or 07432 581341 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .