Ipswich-based Ransomes Jacobsen hosts county’s top football club groundsman
- Credit: Archant
Football groundsmen from around Suffolk have been given a behind-the-scenes tour of the Ransomes Jacobsen factory in Ipswich.
The turf care equipment manufacturer, whose products are used at many leading sports venues worldwide, has sponsored the Suffolk FA Premier Cup for the past two seasons.
Rupert Price, the firm’s sales director, welcomed the guests with a presentation explaining Ransomes’ place in the market and the products its make.
The company’s public relations manager Peter Driver then led a tour of the factory, showing the visitors how flat sheets of metal are crafted into lawnmowers worth tens of thousands of pounds.
Achilles FC groundsman Darryle Flegg, winner of the Suffolk FA Groundsman of the Year Award, sponsored by Mark Harrod Ltd, said: “It was quite amazing what we saw from start to finish – I was very impressed.”
You may also want to watch:
Jim Mayhew, groundsman of Leiston FC, said: “The visit highlighted what good manufacturing we can do in this country and in this county.”
Danny White, regional pitch advisor (east) for the Institute of Groundsmanship, who also joined the tour, added: “There was clear evidence of both quality and team work.”
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks