Facilities management group Vertas expands with acquisition of MMB Environmental
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich-based Vertas Group has continued its drive to become a total facilities management provider with the acquisition of a majority stake in waste management and pest control business MMB Environmental.
The Warwickshire-based company, which will be rebranded as Vertas Environmental, will complement the group’s other facilities management services which include property management, security, contract catering and cleaning.
Ian Surtees, Vertas Group chief executive, said: “Through a combination of organic growth and acquisitions, Vertas Group Limited has already developed a diverse range of services from energy to passenger transport.
“The formation of Vertas Environmental completes a missing link and allows us to add bolt-on services to both new and existing clients. Waste management is a growth area for us and should lead to job creation wherever we secure new contracts.
“This acquisition takes us one step further to our goal of being a total facilities management provider. Having this in-house capability will ensure a seamless service to clients.”
You may also want to watch:
Vertas is one of the fastest-growing facilities management companies in the UK, employing 2,600 staff across 400 sites.
MMB has a client list which includes names such as Bannatyne Group, Global Exhibition Specialists and Zenith Contract Services.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 6 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 7 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 8 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 9 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 10 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
The value of the deal has not been disclosed.