Ipswich-based yacht company Gunfleet agrees sales and marketing deal with Windboats of Wroxham
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk yacht company Gunfleet has agreed a licensing deal which will see its Norfolk-based build partner Windboats also take on marketing, sales and after-sale service for the vessels.
Gunfleet, which is based at Fox’s Marina in Ipswich, was formed by Richard Matthews who previously spent 35 years building up yacht company Oyster, which he sold in 2008.
Windboats, based at Wroxham, previously built more than 250 yachts for Oyster and became Gunfleet’s build partner a year ago.
Under the new agreement, the established Gunfleet team of Robin Campbell and Nick Creed will continue to lead the sales, marketing and after-sale service from the Ipswich site.
Oliver James, chairman of Windboats, said: “We are very excited about our new role both selling and building Gunfleet yachts. Richard Matthews, who has to be one of the most experienced people in our industry, will continue to offer us help and guidance.
You may also want to watch:
“With the help of designer Tony Castro, the Gunfleet team has created some class leading yachts and because we are now both selling and building, our low cost base and proven ability to deliver quality will enable Gunfleet yachts to become even more competitive.”
The current Gunfleet range includes the 43 and 58 models, with a new 74 model under development and more new designs expected to follow.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 6 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 10 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town