Ipswich branch of insurance broker Oval to rebrand following acquisition by Arthur J Gallagher
- Credit: Archant
The Oval insurance branch in Foundation Street, Ipswich, is to be rebranded under the name of Arthur J Gallagher, which acquired the Oval business in April this year.
The move follows the transfer of Giles Insurance Brokers and Gallagher Heath in Ipswich to the Arthur J Gallagher brand earlier this year, following previous acquisitions in 2011 and 2013.
Arthur J Gallagher now employs 60 people in Ipswich, specialising in tailored insurance solutions for the hospitality and leisure, technology and media, manufacturing, retail and private equity sectors for businesses operating in the wider area.
For customers of the former Oval branch in Ipswich, however, it is still very much business as usual. David Anderson, regional managing director for the East, said: “Following the acquisition, our top priority was delivering a successful integration of the two businesses with minimum interruption to our valued customers.”
He added: “For our customers in Ipswich, it is very much business as usual. That said, we are now able to significantly widen our offering, providing more choice and better value for our business partners.”
You may also want to watch:
Arthur J Gallagher’s £199million acquisition of Oval in April radically expanded its UK geographic footprint, bringing into the fold 20 new regional branch locations across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and taking it into 10 new geographic territories.
It brought together Oval’s strong retail broking position in the UK and focus on medium to large corporate clients and SME-bias of Arthur J Gallagher’s existing commercial insurance broking expertise.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex
Arthur J. Gallagher is now responsible for £1billion of insurance premiums from more than 70 client-facing branch locations across the UK, employing around 2,000 people.