Ipswich Building Society chief executive Paul Winter receives Lifetime Achievement Award from Mortgage Finance Gazette
- Credit: Archant
Paul Winter, the chief executive of Ipswich Building Society, has received a Lifetime Achievement Award from a leading publication for the mortgage sector.
The honour, presented at the Mortgage Finance Gazette Awards ceremony in London, recognises his contribution to the mortgage and finance industry over the past 35 years.
Mr Winter, who is retiring at the end of this year, joined Ipswich Building Society in 1982 and was appointed chief executive in 2007, since when he has led the society to growth through periods of significant change and uncertainty in the sector.
His citation for the award makes particular mention of his role in making the society the first lender to champion so-called “Mortgage Misfits”, people often overlooked by the high-street banks such as the self-employer and older borrowers.
He is also praised for the number of responsible business initiatives launched by the society under his leadership, including a health and wellbeing programme, and for his contribution to creating new opportunities for young people as part of the Greater Ipswich City Deal, for which he was awarded an MBE in last year’s New Year Honours.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Winter is also recognised as a vocal supporter of the need to boost the nation’s housing supply as a means of tackling homelessness and as an advocate of shared ownership for the last two decades.
Mr Winter said: “It’s a great honour to receive this Lifetime Achievement Award.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 6 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 9 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 10 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
“I am pleased to have been recognised for my work at Ipswich Building Society and I cannot go without acknowledging those I have had the privilege to work with over all these years.
“The society’s success has truly been a team effort and is the reason for all of our achievements.”