Trevor Slater named as new finance director at Ipswich Building Society
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Building Society has unveiled a series of additions to its senior management line-up, including the appointment of Trevor Slater as its new finance director.
Mr Slater, who has more than 30 years’ experience in the financial services industry, the last 10 as chief accountant at Clydesdale Bank, has extensive expertise in technical accounting and change implementation.
He will be responsible for managing the accounting and financial control functions at the society, while maintaining relationships with industry regulators and auditors.
Mr Slater takes over as finance director from Kieron Blackburn who left the society in January after nearly 10 years in the role to take up a similar position at the Newbury Building Society.
Three other senior managers have also been appointed at the Ipswich, involving two new joiners and an internal promotion.
You may also want to watch:
Louise Bunce joins as head of marketing and proposition from the Market Harborough Building Society, where she was head of sales and marketing for seven years. Previously she worked at the Anchor Trust and the Aga Rangemaster Group as head of marketing. She holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Management Studies and is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
Kate Ley has been appointed head of mortgage sales and joins the society from Norfolk Capital Group. She is CeMap qualified and has more than 15 years’ experience in mortgage broking and lending, with experience across mortgage and loan sales alongside underwriting.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
Jim Overy, formerly the society’s IT manager, has been promoted to the role of head of IT and change. He has a strong background in IT infrastructure and his previous experience includes 12 years at Guardian News and Media and IT managerial roles at MSX International and BTS Group.
Ipswich Building Society chief executive Richard Norrington said: “We are pleased to welcome Trevor, Louise and Kate to Ipswich Building Society and to congratulate Jim for his promotion.
“We are strengthening our senior management team and continually reviewing our board to ensure we have the optimum range of skills in order to run the society efficiently, while maintaining the interests of our members.”