Ipswich/Burgh: Suffolk Community Foundation fundraiser is all the fashion
- Credit: Archant
A businesswoman has raised £1,200 for local charities with a fundraising fashion show.
Emma Lloyd of Marianna Boutique, Ipswich, held the event in a restored barn in Burgh where guests were treated to the latest designer collections. Judi Newman, development director of grant-maker the Suffolk Community Foundation thanked those who had taken part.
Ms Lloyd said: “This seemed like a very special way to host an event, with the support of local businesses such as Flawless Image and Michael Richards Hairdressers, that would celebrate all that is great about the thriving fashion and beauty industry in Ipswich whilst at the same time recognising that there are many challenges that we can all help support in our local community.”
Among items auctioned were a pair of exclusive Penelope Chilvers boots, as worn by the Duchess of Cambridge.
Ms Newman said: “Special events such as this gives us an opportunity to support some of the many local charities that do so much to knit our communities together, often tackling very difficult issues with little public awareness of their impact.
You may also want to watch:
“We are so grateful to Marianna Boutique and the other businesses who have pulled together to make such a difference for their local community in this special way.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 4 Cornell attracting Championship interest as Ipswich contract is terminated
- 5 'We are in for three, four or five players' - Town CEO Ashton on new signings and deliver 'dramatic change' for Cook
- 6 Oxford boss hits out at 'ludicrous' League One spending while appearing to take swipe at Ipswich Town
- 7 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 8 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 9 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 10 Ashton reveals season ticket sales and hails impact of Ed Sheeran sponsorship