Ipswich/Bury St Edmunds: West Suffolk College’s new training centre at IP City open for business
- Credit: Archant
West Suffolk College officially opened a new business training centre at Ip City in Ipswich this week.
The new centre was opened by Mark Pendlington, chairman of the New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership.
The college also launched its new business training brand, ‘Develop Anglia’.
It currently works with 1750 businesses and wants to provide commercial training and development to more businesses across the region.
Training will be offered across a range of sectors including leadership and management, IT and computing skills, engineering, nuclear, customer service and business skills, health and safety and first aid. Courses started on Monday.
Nikos Savvas, principal of West Suffolk College, said: “West Suffolk College’s mission is to raise individual achievement and aspirations. We believe that with the right training and development everyone can be a better leader and manager.
“I’m delighted that our fantastic and professional new training facility in the east of the region is now open. We believe it is part of the solution to encourage individual achievement, economic growth and business success in this area”.
- 1 14 players that could solve Town's left-sided problem
- 2 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 3 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 4 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 5 Former Suffolk poultry farm site could be converted into homes
- 6 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 7 'New-look' Aldi store set to reopen in Sudbury, creating additional jobs
- 8 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 9 Bent names Town stars among his best-ever team-mates
- 10 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
Mr Pendlington congratulated West Suffolk College for taking on the challenge of reaching out to more businesses to provide support, advice and training.
“This launch sends a strong message to business – be pro-active and take on the challenge to learn, develop and grow. IP City is already a beacon for everything that’s best in business support,” he said.
“Develop Anglia takes this to a whole new level and will provide the skills and leadership that companies need to grow and flourish in the global economy.”