Ipswich/Bury St Edmunds: West Suffolk College to launch business training centre at IP City
- Credit: Archant
West Suffolk College is to open a new business training centre at Ip City in Ipswich next month, alongside a new services to business brand, “Develop Anglia”.
The college says the expansion aims to build on the service already offered at its main site in Bury St Edmunds, allow it to offer development and training to businesses in the east of the county, within easy access from the A14.
Commercial training will be offered across many sectors including leadership and management, IT and computing skills, engineering, nuclear, customer service and business skills and health and safety and first aid.
The new business training brand Develop Anglia will be introduced over the next year will be accompanied by a new website.
Ginny Idehen, head of business development at West Suffolk College, said: “I’m delighted that we are about to open our fantastic and professional new training facility in the east of the region. We currently work with 1,750 businesses and I’m excited that we are now ready to provide more commercial training and development solutions to even more businesses across the Anglia region.
“We are constantly developing new provision and working with our partners to identify the skills businesses are going to need in the future. We believe that with the right training and development everyone can be a better leader and manager, and if an employee is invested in, they in turn will invest in that business.
“One such course is an Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Training Level 7. This course is designed for new senior executives and for those preparing for the highest levels of management.”
- 1 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 2 Four-bedroom cottage on Dunwich clifftops for sale for £295k
- 3 Thunderstorm warning issued for East of England
- 4 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 5 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 6 Award-winning scotch egg producer takes over Melton butchers shop
- 7 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 8 West Suffolk Mexican restaurant named among best in the UK
- 9 Suffolk dog-friendly hotel named one of the best in the UK
- 10 6 gorgeous woodland escapes in Suffolk
The ILM Level 7 qualification is described as being for professionals who seek to develop themselves as leaders and managers, who recognise they must satisfy various stakeholders and who want to invest in their own personal brand.
ILM is Europe’s largest independent organisation focused on leadership and management development, with more than 95,000 managers emarking on one of its courses each year. ILM courses are also available for Team leaders and Supervisors.
Courses are running at IP City from September 15, 2014 and at Bury St Edmunds from September 12, 2014. For details, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01284 716246.