Ipswich: Business backing sought for Never Ending Mural
MORE business leaders are being urged to support the “Never Ending Mural” project to brighten up the Ipswich Waterfront and town centre areas.
Suffolk Chamber of Commerce, the Ipswich Central business improvement district company and more than 30 individual firms have already backed the scheme, which was launched at the Waterfront in June.
But, with plans for the project to be extended to the town centre, a free event is being staged at the Novotel hotel next week to encourage more businesses join in.
Mural curator John D Edwards said: “The Never Ending Mural has become a phenomenon that is proving to be a cultural, social and economic success story for the town and is generating interest across the world.
“The project has been curated and installed by a team of brilliant volunteers and people are joining us all the time.
You may also want to watch:
“Our aim is to include as many people and businesses in this success as possible and we are thankful to Novotel Ipswich for supporting this aim.”
The event takes place on Monday, October 3, starting at noon. It is free for business representatives but places must be booked in advance.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 9 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 10 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
For firms interested in finding out more about the project but which cannot get to the lunch, there will be a drop-in session between 4pm and 6pm.
To register for the event, visit www.surveymonkey.com/NEMregistration . For further information about the mural project, visit www.ipswichartschool.co.uk/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org .