Ipswich: Digital agency Crafted in the running for the European Search Awards
- Credit: Contributed
Suffolk digital agency Crafted has been shortlisted for an international marketing award for its work with a European boutique hostel chain.
The Ipswich-based company, which specialises in bespoke online marketing, is in the running to claim the Best Use of Search ? Travel and Leisure honour at the European Search Awards, which are to be held in Reykjavik next month.
The awards celebrate the best in online marketing including search engine optimisation (SEO), online advertising and content marketing.
Crafted, a member of the EADT’s Suffolk Future50 listing of up-and-coming businesses, is one of eight nominees in the category, selected from hundreds of entries internationally.
It has received its nomination in recognition of work carried out for fast-growing European hostel brand Generator over the past year to raise its profile across the continent.
You may also want to watch:
Generator, which was formed in 1995, targets the affordable city breaks market, with hotels in Barcelona, Berlin (Prenzlauer Berg and Mitte), Copenhagen, Dublin, Hamburg, Venice and London, with a Paris hostel due to open spring 2015.
A wide-ranging online marketing campaign, using eight languages, has led to a significant rise in website traffic and bookings for the chain, which provides exciting travel accommodation in European cities including Copenhagen and Barcelona.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
Tom Gillman, head of sales and marketing at Crafted, said: “Everyone at Crafted is really excited to receive this international recognition, and to be shortlisted alongside some of the world’s best-known travel organisations.
“We work incredibly hard to create bespoke campaigns for our clients that work for them and support their business. Generator is a fresh and modern travel brand to work with, and a win in Reykjavik would be fantastic for both of us!”
Emma Benney, director of marketing at Generator, added: “We have been delighted with Crafted’s innovative approach to search marketing, and the results have enabled our rapid growth in bookings and online visibility. Our boutique hostels are located in eight amazing continental cities, so to be shortlisted for this internationally recognised award is great news for us, and we all have our fingers crossed.”
Crafted, established in 2005, offers bespoke web development, technical solutions, design, search marketing and PR servies. It employs a growing team of more than 50 digital marketing experts, and is ranked in Econsultancy’s top five digital agencies in the East of England,