Ipswich: East of England Co-op completes refurbishment of Rosehill Co-op Daily store
- Credit: Archant
The East of England Co-operative Society’s Rosehill foodstore in Ipswich has reopened following an intensive four-day refurbishment.
Following the £120,000 investment, the “Co-op Daily”-branded store now offers a wider range of items under the society’s Sourced Locally range and “i-viewer” magnifiers to help customers read labelling small print.
Roger Grosvenor, executive officer for retail, said: “We see more and more of our customers at Rosehill using their local store on a regular and even daily basis, popping in to fill a basket ready for the evening meal or the day ahead.
“Our Co-op Daily stores are built around convenience, so we’re delighted with our fresh and bright new store, which we think our customers will love.”
The expanded Sourced Locally range includes scotch eggs with soft centres from Wolff-Evans & Sons of Rendlesham, sausages and bacon from Lane Farm of Brundish, cheeses from Hamish Johnson of Martlesham, deli meat pies from Hollybush Farm of Stowmarket and products from Hill Top Smokehouse of Needham Market.
You may also want to watch:
Seasonal produce includes English apples from Moat Farm, Kenton, and cabbages, spring greens, beetroots and onions delivered direct from Home Farm at Nacton.
Store manager Dan Rigione said: “Our local producers have been delivering their fresh local produce into the store today, to complement our great range of trusted brands and store cupboard favourites.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 4 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
“We have a new meeting area, Deli To Go counter and in-store electrical section, and later this autumn we look forward to opening a new Travel branch.”
Area manager Stuart Jefferies added: “We look forward to seeing how our Rosehill customers get on with the i-viewer and hope it will help those who are visually impaired, or who just need a boost to read some of the food labels.”