Ipswich: Energy supplier powers ahead as sales soar by 59%
- Credit: Archant
A business electricity supplier is celebrating after its sales volumes soared by 59% last year.
Haven Power, based at Ipswich, enjoyed another year of impressive growth under Drax, a power company with a large coal and biomass operation in Yorkshire which bought it from Welsh Power in 2009.
Haven operations director Natalie Keogh, said the firm was retaining its existing customer base and ensuring it keeps customer-focused as it grows.
“With Drax’s continued support, 2013 was a year of substantial growth once again. Our sales increased by 59% in volume compared to 2012, and in such a competitive market, this demonstrates the strength of our offering,” she said.
“In addition, the renewable energy we can offer our customers is becoming more and more popular, with 50% of the electricity supplied in 2013 on levy-exempt power. Drax Group is committed to delivering renewable power, generated from biomass, at competitive prices to a growing number of customers. We know there are a number of businesses who share our vision, not just about the environment but also our commitment to enabling customers to meet obligations and help the UK become a more sustainable economy.”
You may also want to watch:
Drax Group, which published its results on Tuesday, saw its revenues driven down by the cost of carbon, but said its underlying earnings of £142million in 2013 compared to £193m in 2012 – a 26% fall - were ahead of expectations.
Chief executive Dorothy Thompson said: “In 2016 we expect half of Drax to be fuelled by sustainable biomass, some 4% of the UK’s electricity. In delivering this transformation, we will provide cost-effective, reliable renewable power to consumers, secure jobs at Drax and across the UK supply chain and deliver attractive returns for our investors.”
- 1 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 10 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week