Ipswich: Firm takes centre stage at opening
AN entrepreneur who put a second mortgage on her home to set up her own hearing care business is celebrating the opening of a new hi-tech centre in Ipswich.
Karen Finch, who founded the Hearing Care Centre in 1998, has now moved the main Ipswich centre from High Street to a new facility in Upper Brook Street.
There to celebrate the move with her were locally-based comedian and actor Roy Hudd OBE, who official opened the centre, and BBC Radio Suffolk presenters Mark Murphy and Lesley Dolphin.
Patients, local businesses and dignitaries were at the opening party.
“I’m a local woman and want my business to be very local, grassroots if you like,” said Mrs Finch. “The people of Suffolk know I care about the county and want to give something back if I can. I am so very excited about our new practice, and what it can offer our patients, new and old.”
The new practice, now one of 17 local centres, includes five consultation rooms, disabled facilities, a telephone demonstration area, a larger waiting area, and dedicated retail space for hearing assistive devices and hearing aid accessories.
“We are very proud to have come so far despite some tough economic times.” said Mrs Finch.
- 1 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 2 15 strikers that Ipswich Town could turn to for goals this summer
- 3 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 4 5 miles of congestion on A14 after crash involving car and two lorries
- 5 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 6 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 7 Some East of England Co-op stores unable to take cash
- 8 Bent names Town stars among his best-ever team-mates
- 9 Family's support for 'mum-in-a-million' after double amputation for sepsis
- 10 Man who punched ex-partner in face appeared 'unusually angry'
“The quality of our customer service, our training and our ethical practice have only got better.”
With over 13 years experience in the Hearing Care industry, The Hearing Care Centre Ltd is local, award winning, family run business, offering independent and private hearing care service to patients throughout East Anglia.
Established in 1998, the main practice is situated in Ipswich with a further 17 centres located locally in: Attleborough, Botesdale, Bury St Edmunds, Dereham, Eye, Felixstowe, Framlingham, Hadleigh, Halesworth, Harleston, Ipswich, Needham Market, Newmarket, Southwold, Stowmarket, Woodbridge and Wymondham.
The company is managed by Karen Finch RHAD FSHAA FRSA who has been involved in the Hearing Care industry for many years.
The Hearing Care Centre was awarded the title of ‘Outstanding Customer Service’ in 2011 and 2010, at the Anglian Business Awards.
For further information visit www.hearingcarecentre.co.uk or contact the Marketing Manager