Ipswich: Furniture retailer Mike Harper invests in new superstore
- Credit: Archant
Local businessman Mike Harper is opening a new furniture store in Ipswich between the town centre and the Waterfront.
Mike, who has been running his Home & Cane Living store at Stonham Barns since 1995, is branching out with a new 5,000 sq ft Ipswich store selling oak and rattan furniture.
Harpers is in Star Lane, next to Bear’s Bowling Centre, and opens to the public on March 15.
Mike, who has been selling furniture all his working life, said: “We have been looking for premises for quite a long time in Ipswich. We feel the time is right to do it now.
“This is ideally placed between Ipswich town centre and the Waterfront.”
You may also want to watch:
Mike came to Ipswich to work for Fraser Maples in 1979, until that furniture store closed in 1984.
It gave him the impetus to open his first business, Martlesham Interiors. Nineteen years ago he opened at Stonham Barns, specialising in cane furniture and the store has expanded over the years.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 9 Village pub given go-ahead to expand dining area
- 10 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
He added: “I could see the growing appeal of conservatories and decided to specialise in cane and rattan.”