Ipswich: Further expansion for Future50 accountancy firm Miller Wash
- Credit: Archant
A growing client portfolio has led to further expansion for accountancy practice Miller Wash.
The Ipswich-based firm, a member of the EADT’s Suffolk Future50 listing of up-and-coming businesses, has appointed 33-year-old Christen Wood as the latest new member of its team.
Christen, who joins from another accountancy practice within the region, achieved her AAT qualification at Colchester Institute and is also part ACCA qualified.
She will now work alongside Cara Miller, Colin Wash and Kerrie Tibble, preparing client accounts and tax returns, assisting with charity and company audits, in addition to other accountancy duties for the growing Miller Wash portfolio.
Cara, who launched the business with Colin Wash in 2012 and was named Young Businessperson of the Year at last year’s EADT Business Awards, said: “Christen will be a great asset to our team and we are very pleased to be growing at this pace.
“We’ve enjoyed a great period of client wins and Christen will have a hands-on role serving those businesses on a day to day basis.”
Christen, who outside of work is treasurer for Mistley Rugby Club and Bluebells PreSchool, said: “I am thrilled to join the team at Miller Wash. The business is growing and we are picking up new clients, it’s a really exciting time for the business and I am pleased to be a part of it.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency near town centre
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches scoop prestigious 'Blue Flag' award
- 3 Town showing interest in Peterborough midfielder
- 4 Lane closed on A14 after ambulance and lorry crash
- 5 New information released after baby girl found dead at recycling centre
- 6 Town centre going strong as four new businesses set to open in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Fire almost totally destroys building during blaze at car body workshop
- 8 Leicester's Hirst on Town striker long-list
- 9 A14 reopens after crash leaves car on its roof
- 10 Through trains from East Suffolk to London still a long way off
“In my personal life I’m very committed to the charitable commitments I have, so it’s particularly nice to work for a company which has a specialism in charity and helps great causes to grow.”
Miller Wash offers a variety of services including audit, accountancy, taxation and advisory support to a wide range of owner-managed businesses, with a particular focus on the not for profit sector.