Ipswich: Getech celebrates BT Distributor Partner of the Year award
- Credit: Archant
IT and telecoms distributor Getech has been honoured as BT’s Distributor Partner of the Year.
Getech, a £40million turnover business based in Ipswich, is a long-standing distributor of BT products, having originally signed as a reseller in 1994, and the latest award comes a year after receiving the BT ICT Partner of the Year title.
Historically, Getech has been at the forefront of server-based computing , enabling users to connect to their office desktop from remote sites. This inevitably led to the need for faster and faster telecommunication links and the relationship with BT has flourished.
Richard Woodfield , Getech’s BT product manager, said: “We make dealing with BT easier for customers; our specialist advisors and technical teams listen to our customers’ needs and business issues to provide the most relevant and cost effective solution.
“This award is testimony to the hard work that BT and Getech have put in to ensure our customers get the best network at the best possible price. We are incredibly pleased to be announced as the BT Distributor of the Year “
Getech operates out of purpose-built offices in Knightsdale Road, Ipswich, and the company has been based in the town since its inception in 1989. It now employs more than 80 people and operates across the UK, with two key divisions ? Distribution and Education.
Guy Watts, managing director, added: “Getech is not only well established in Ipswich, we have been based in Ipswich since 1989 , but we are growing fast and operate in a number of key areas of IT that look set to explode.
- 1 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 2 Ipswich Town installed as early League One title favourites
- 3 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
- 4 5 new places to eat and drink in Woodbridge this year
- 5 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 6 Excitement builds as Suffolk Show venue wakes up
- 7 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 8 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 9 Mike Bacon: Luke Woolfenden.... going nowhere, going everywhere
- 10 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
“Traditionally everybody used a desktop PC, or a laptop computer , but the IT world is changing at an alarming rate. Getech supply low cost desktop devices called Thin Clients that enable connection to a virtual desktop, as well as a full range of tablets and Chromebooks .
“The tablet is transforming how people connect whilst at home, on the move or at work, whilst Google Apps for Education is changing how teachers are able to deliver the curriculum in a manner that is more relevant to students.
“Getech has undergone significant change in the past two years and whilst we still have our core business, the technologies and opportunities we are currently focused on will undoubtedly deliver significant growth in the coming years, meaning more jobs for Ipswich.
“I am an Ipswich boy at heart ? I went to Northgate Grammar school ? and am immensely proud of what the management team have built here in Ipswich.“