Ipswich; Grain export boom for Nidera
Strong European demand for high quality UK wheat has helped Ipswich-based Nidera UK Ltd reinforce its position as one of the country’s top grain exporters.
Major international buyers of UK wheat this season have been the traditional export customers of Spain and the Netherlands, it says. But it has also seen demand from Germany for high quality milling grades this season.
To date, Nidera has exported 25% of all UK wheat exports, shipping over half a million tonnes of wheat through various ports, with the lion’s share handled through its own grain terminal in Ipswich.
“A major success for us this season has been the securing of sufficient demand to cater for the quality crop produced by UK farmers,” said trading director Stuart Shiells.
“Our close relationships with key European customers, excellent distribution channels and being part of a large multinational company mean we’ve been successful in matching UK farmers crops with the needs of overseas buyers.
You may also want to watch:
“For the forthcoming season there is the potential for a large UK wheat harvest, although the crop is far from made. But whatever the outcome, we’re confident that Nidera is better placed than ever to meet the marketing needs of UK farmers.”
Nidera, which was founded in the Netherlands, is one of the leading grain, seed and fertiliser suppliers in the UK and part of a global agri business employing more than 3,800 people in over 20 countries.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich