Ipswich/ Harwich: Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines unveils programme for 2015-16
- Credit: Archant
Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, which based in White House Road, Ipswich, has unveiled the first details its cruise programme for 2015-16.
Its four vessels, Balmoral, Braemar, Boudicca and Black Watch, will be visiting 245 ports, including seven new destinations, in 81 countries.
The Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines “Launch Brochure” for its 2015-16 itineraries will be unveiled to existing guests on March 17, with the cruises going on general sale from March 24.
Cruises will start from 10 ports around the UK, including Harwich, Tilbury, Dover, Southampton, Bristol (Avonmouth), Liverpool, Newcastle, Rosyth (for Edinburgh), Greenock (for Glasgow) and Belfast.
Nathan Philpot, sales and marketing director at Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, said: “In an increasingly cluttered market, where the consumer finds it difficult to distinguish the differences between one brand and another, Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines is proud to offer innovative cruise experiences and destinations that stand out, and where every itinerary is unique.
You may also want to watch:
“We strive to bring the world closer to everyone in the UK through our regional departures and smaller ships, and we fully expect to build on our growth in 2013 and 2014.”
The programme will include an inaugural 76-night African Grand Voyage on board Boudicca in 2016, the first time that this smaller ship has been deployed on such a long cruise, and a 115-night Around the World Grand Voyage on Black Watch in 2016 will be taking in a total of 27 countries.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 9 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 10 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
Following their popularity in 2014, Fred. Olsen will be offering even more river cruising itineraries in 2015/16, on Braemar – which is ideal due to its shallow draft – taking in the French rivers, the German waterways and a Spanish itinerary, cruising up the Guadalquivir to the centre of Seville.
Another feature of Fred. Olsen’s 2015-16 cruise programme is its series of Into the Heart of the Baltic voyages, which will see Braemar to dock at city centre ports and berths to give guests easy access to some of the Baltic’s top destinations.
New destinations for Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines will include Brevik in Norway, Bremen and Flensburg in Germany),Argostoli in Greece, Red Bay in Canada and Savannah, Georgia, and Charleston, South Carolina, in the United Sates.