Ipswich: Lanes Market will showcase some of town’s ‘independent gems’
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
Independent shop owners are hoping for a business boost later this month with the launch of a market.
The historic Lanes in Ipswich town centre have not been immune from the UK’s high street recession and have suffered from some shop closures. But retailers are hoping the market will be a magnet for shoppers and bring them more footfall.
The Lanes Market takes place on Wednesday, March 27, from 10am to 4pm. Around 25 to 30 stalls will be offering local produce, speciality foods and gifts and crafts.
The event, supported by Ipswich Borough Council, is being organised by Ipswich Events in co-ordination with the Lanes businesses
Neal Gordon, owner of Memorable Cheeses in Ipswich, said: “This should be a really good event and a real boost to the business in The Lanes are which has suffered a bit of late with shop closure and empty units.
You may also want to watch:
“The streets have got some of Ipswich’s most historic buildings amongst them and they could be such a great showcase for the town centre.
“I’m hoping that this market, and ones we do in the future, will highlight that and raise the awareness of people in Ipswich of some of the independent gems we have in and around the town.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 8 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 9 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 10 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash