Ipswich Mortgage Centre celebrates move to larger premises
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk-based mortgage broker has celebrated its move into larger premises.
The Mayor of Ipswich, Roger Fern, yesterday cut a ribbon to declare the new home of Ipswich Mortgage Centre officially open.
The company has relocated from its previous base in Great Colman Street, Ipswich, to a two-story unit in St Nicholas Street.
Yesterday’s opening ceremony formed part of an open day, to which clients past and present, staff and family members were invited to drop in for a celebratory branded cupcake
Mr Fern congratulated the company’s directors and staff on its growth, and said the business was contributing to the air of positivity in the town in a wider sense, having helped more than 3,000 local people get on to, or move up the housing ladder.
Having cut the ribbon to declare the new branch officially open, the mayor was given a tour of the office by director Rana Miah.
As well as meeting members of staff, Mr Fern was given a brief history of the company and some insight into its future aspirations. He was particularly pleased to hear about opportunities for young people eager to enter into a career as a mortgage broker.
- 1 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 2 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 3 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 4 Indiana Jones-inspired metal detectorist finds £65k Roman hoard
- 5 Colchester gets city status - fuelling disappointment over no Ipswich bid
- 6 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 7 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 8 Big sales, Bosmans and 'mutual consent' - Why contracts are a balancing act
- 9 My Suffolk Life: ‘We had to move to Suffolk to be together’
- 10 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
Mr Miah said: “It’s amazing to think we’ve been a staple of the Ipswich business community for so long now. I’m really proud of the friendly, professional team I’ve built here in Ipswich, and being able to celebrate our continuing success with Councillor Fern, and some of the homebuyers and landlords we’ve helped over the years, was very motivating.
“Making the move to larger premises, and seeing Ipswich become a prime location for investment again, has been an exciting time for all of us.
“ We’re looking forward to growing the team further to fill the new office, while continuing to play an important role at the heart of the town’s thriving business community,” he added.
Ipswich Mortgage Centre, which has been run by Mr Miah since 2008, is one of a group of seven branches located across Suffolk.
It works with homebuyers, landlords and businesses, offering products for purchasers, including first-time buyers, re-mortgaging, buy-to-let mortgages and equity release.