Ipswich: Moss Bros invests in the High Street
- Credit: Archant
Moss Bros in Westgate Street, Ipswich, has re-opened after a major refurbishment, in time for Christmas.
It is a vote of confidence in the High Street, and also Ipswich as a shopping centre by the suits and menswear specialist.
Shop manager Joe Cook, who has been with the company for nine years, eight of them in Ipswich, said: “We are pleased to be open for Christmas with our new look and plenty of special offers.”
Regional manager Alex Curtis said it was a major investment in high street shopping.
“Ipswich is important for us. It is a young vibrant town and we are pleased to offer the new Moss Bros look, lots of new products and an improved and fully refurbished store.”
You may also want to watch:
The new store design would be rolling out across the country over the next two to three years, he said, which was a major investment by the company.
Moss Bros, established in 1851, has had its current Westgate Street presence for eight years.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 5 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 9 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 10 Forward Sears completes Colchester return
Manager Joe Cook showed me round, including the larger first floor wedding suits retail and hire department, with five fitting rooms.
“Wedding hire and suits for wedding parties are an important part of our business. We have lots of new and classic designs for next years, he said.
Moss Bros, established in London in 1851, now has 135 stores across the country.