Ipswich: MSC named Container Line of the Year
THE Mediterranean Shipping Company (UK), based in Ipswich, has been named Container Line of the Year at the IFW Awards for the second year running.
The awards, run by industry publication IFW, were held at the Planit Embankment Gardens in central London and hosted by comedian and impressionist Jon Culshaw.
MSC (UK) managing director Dan Everitt said the award was “particularly special” as it was decided by votes from customers and suppliers.
“We would like to take this opportunity to offer our sincere thanks to all those who have voted for MSC and express our appreciation to all our customers for their continued support throughout the past year. ,” he said.
“During another turbulent year for the shipping industry, MSC has placed continued emphasis on delivering excellence in customer service. Led by our management in Geneva, our professional and loyal teams around the world have made this recognition possible.
“In tough economic conditions MSC (UK) has further recognised the importance of innovation across our global network of services,” he added.
“MSC (UK) is excited by the prospects that 2012 will bring; continued investment in staff training, promotion of our ‘green’ logistics solutions, which exist today in the form of regional feeder networks and promotion of our worldwide logistics infrastructure.
- 1 Crews battle huge 15-acre fire in mid Suffolk village
- 2 Residents help firefighters tackle huge blaze near homes
- 3 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
- 4 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 5 A14 in west Suffolk closes overnight after serious multi-vehicle crash
- 6 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 7 Ex-Town striker joins League One rival
- 8 Woman in her 80s dies after being pulled from the sea
- 9 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 10 Mum's warning after children almost stung by jellyfish
“Our aim is to ensure the ‘MSC Experience’ gets better and better for our customers.
“We look forward to our continued partnerships in 2012 with our customers, suppliers and our local communities. “