Ipswich: MSC named Container Line of the Year
THE Mediterranean Shipping Company (UK), based in Ipswich, has been named Container Line of the Year at the IFW Awards for the second year running.
The awards, run by industry publication IFW, were held at the Planit Embankment Gardens in central London and hosted by comedian and impressionist Jon Culshaw.
MSC (UK) managing director Dan Everitt said the award was “particularly special” as it was decided by votes from customers and suppliers.
“We would like to take this opportunity to offer our sincere thanks to all those who have voted for MSC and express our appreciation to all our customers for their continued support throughout the past year. ,” he said.
“During another turbulent year for the shipping industry, MSC has placed continued emphasis on delivering excellence in customer service. Led by our management in Geneva, our professional and loyal teams around the world have made this recognition possible.
You may also want to watch:
“In tough economic conditions MSC (UK) has further recognised the importance of innovation across our global network of services,” he added.
“MSC (UK) is excited by the prospects that 2012 will bring; continued investment in staff training, promotion of our ‘green’ logistics solutions, which exist today in the form of regional feeder networks and promotion of our worldwide logistics infrastructure.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 6 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 7 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 8 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 9 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 10 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
“Our aim is to ensure the ‘MSC Experience’ gets better and better for our customers.
“We look forward to our continued partnerships in 2012 with our customers, suppliers and our local communities. “