Ipswich: New 80-seater Burger King opens in West End Road
- Credit: Archant
A new 80-seater Burger King restaurant has opened on West End Road in Ipswich, creating 40 new jobs.
The remodelled restaurant is operated by family-owned franchisee Kaykem Fast Food Ltd, which operates three other Burger King sites and employs more than 150 staff.
The surrounding landscape has been regenerated by improving the river walkway access, and staff are encouraged to walk or use public transport to get to work as part of environmental measures at the site.
Guilherme Ruschel, marketing director for Burger King North West Europe, said: “We’re delighted to open such a fantastic new restaurant in Ipswich.
“The team have worked extremely hard to create a restaurant experience that delivers both inside and out. At Burger King Ltd we are committed to ensuring we meet our customers’ needs every time, and are proud to have played a part in helping to regenerate such a picturesque part of Ipswich that families can enjoy.”
You may also want to watch:
Kayken Fast Foods director Cengiz Ahmet said they were “really excited” about the new site.
“ We’re particularly delighted to be bringing in local staff that have knowledge of the area and are keen to bring the best service possible to the community,” he said.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
- 10 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say