Ipswich: O2 Distribution Partner of the Year award for Daisy Distribution
- Credit: Archant
Mobile airtime provider Daisy Distribution, which is based in Ipswich, has been named Distribution Partner of the Year at O2’s annual partner conference.
The accolade, presented during the conference dinner at the Riverbank Plaza Hotel in London, recognises Daisy’s performance during 2013 in terms of its net increase in connections and growth in revenue.
Other finalists in contention for the award included fellow O2 “Centre of Excellence” distributors Avenir Telecom and Carphone Warehouse Business.
Last year saw Daisy perform strongly in customer acquisition, combined with low churn and a rise in customer satisfaction, with the acquisition and integration of MoCo Communications complementing its organic growth.
Dave McGinn, managing director at Daisy Distribution, said: “Although we continually perform strongly on customer acquisition, our goal for 2013 was to further improve our retention performance in order to strengthen our position as O2’s leading distribution partner.
“We’re thrilled to have received this reward, which really is great testament to the hard work we put in over the past year and to the efforts of our teams and partners in delivering great business.
“The partnership we have with O2 continues to flourish and we hope to build upon this success as we approach the end of the current financial year.”
- 1 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 4 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 5 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 6 14 players that Town could target for a creative spark
- 7 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
- 8 'He's an amazing guy... a legend' - United keeper de Gea's praise for new Town coach Grant
- 9 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 10 Two vehicle crash on the A140 blocks traffic on major Suffolk route
The award was presented to Mr McGinn by Ben Dowd, O2 sales director and Jason Phillips, O2 head of partner sales.
Angie Simpson, O2’s head of distribution partners, said: “O2 and Daisy Distribution have enjoyed an excellent working relationship in 2013 and our strategic alignment has helped forge a closer working relationship over the last 12 months.”
Daisy Distribution is based on the former Anglia Telecom company which was acquired by business telecoms group Daisy in 2009.
In December, the group reported an increase in first-half earnings from £27.3million to £27.8m, with improved margins from a change in product mix offsetting a dip in revenues for the six months to September 30, from £178.1m to £173.9m.