Ipswich office of Police Mutual Assurance Society receives Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme silver award
- Credit: Archant
The Police Mutual Assurance Society is among 10 businesses from around East Anglia to have received a silver award under the Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS).
The programme honours support given by employers to defence personnel including reservists, veterans, the wounded, injured and sick, spouses and cadet force adult volunteers.
Robin Williams of Police Mutual – which has an office in Turret Lane, Ipswich, following its acquisition two years ago of Forces Financial, of which Mr Williams was a founder – was presented with the award during a ceremony at Emmanuel College in Cambridge.
He said: “Our team is a blend of people, many with links to the military family including partners of serving personnel, reserves and veterans who are working to support our group vision of ‘A better tomorrow for those who protect us today, by making their lives easier, happier and longer’.
“The ERS Silver Award is a fantastic recognition of the commitment of the team and we look forward to supporting the military family for years to come.”
The awards were presented by the Lord Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire, Sir Hugh Duberly, and the Deputy Commander of 7 Infantry Brigade and HQ East, Col Stuart Williams.
Kristina Carrington, regional employer engagement director for the Reserve Forces’ & Cadets’ Association in East Anglia, said: “Any business, no matter its size or industry, can seek to be recognised for the support they give defence personnel.
- 1 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
- 2 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 3 'It makes you want to cry' - anger as bench dumped in pond at country park
- 4 £1.5million project set to turn north Essex towns into giant gaming areas
- 5 Revealed: The wealthiest people in East Anglia on the Sunday Times Rich List
- 6 Girl, 12, injured after having foot run over by driver
- 7 My Suffolk Life: ‘We had to move to Suffolk to be together’
- 8 Colchester gets city status - fuelling disappointment over no Ipswich bid
- 9 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 10 Man identified after dog walker threatened in Sudbury
“I invite businesses to get in touch via our website earfca.org.uk/employers to find out how they can demonstrate their support.”