Ipswich: Railway station joins Greater Anglia’s list of free wi-fi locations
- Credit: Archant
The travelling public can now access free wi-fi at Ipswich railway station.
Train operator Greater Anglia is working with The Cloud to introduce free Wi-Fi at 100 stations across the region and Greater Anglia’s Ipswich station is one of the latest to benefit from the scheme.
Over the last few months Greater Anglia has been working closely with The Cloud to introduce the complimentary Wi-Fi at key stations across the region, meaning visitors will be able to access the fast, free internet connection for anything from email access to web browsing.
Customer service director Andrew Goodrum said: “Since taking over the franchise in February 2012, we have been focusing our efforts on improving customer service. Offering our customers free Wi-Fi is an important part of this as we recognise that the internet is a vital part of people’s everyday lives.
“We are seeing a huge number of passengers using mobile devices and wanted to provide them with fast, reliable Wi-Fi so they can work, shop or browse easily. Working with The Cloud, we’ll be able to achieve this and immediately make a positive impact on our customers’ journeys.”
You may also want to watch:
Vince Russell, managing director at The Cloud, said: “By rolling out free Wi-Fi, Greater Anglia is further improving the service it provides to its customers. We have seen usage on our network increase at an unprecedented pace in the last two years, and it shows no sign of slowing down.
“Our unique user-base has doubled over the past six months showing there’s a real demand for wi-fi at busy high street locations and transport hubs around the UK. To keep their customers satisfied, Greater Anglia needs a fast and reliable internet connection, which The Cloud Wi-Fi will provide; ensuring each person passing through the stations can enjoy the best journey possible.”
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
Customers can use the wi-fi connection for free for one hour a day at the participating stations.